In the time of setting up major factories across the world and producing their coffee makers using heavy machinery, the guys at Technivorm should be widely acknowledge for still producing the Moccamaster KBT741 all by their bare hands. This allows them to give extra attention to every detail in this one of a kind and probably among the best single serve coffee makers.
The machine might be priced a little high for everyone likes, considering a number of other quality coffee makers in the market but it is every bit worth of the money that you need to pay for it. Well, it is time to find out why this coffee brewer is among the best ones available in the market.
The Moccamaster is almost 15.5-inches tall in height and isn’t suitable for crammed kitchen places. However, despite its towering presence, the machine doesn’t look clumsy at all. The designers have done a wonderful job in creating wonderful angles to make the coffee brewer look smaller and elegant that the actual 12-inch width and the 7-inch depth of the machine.
The machine has an LCD display on the front which allows you to choose your recipes the way you want. Also, the machine includes programmable voice commands and wake up timers to help you. The fully marked water tanks sit on the top of the heating unit and a cone shaped filter basket.
Despite the sheer complexity of the machine build, the brewing process is fairly easily.
- Firstly, you need to fill the large water tank. You can easily remove and replace the top lid to fill water in the marked tank.
- Next up, the filter basket is put into practice with the help of a small lever. It controls the overall manual drip of the machine and can be placed in three different positions.
- The first position allows you to open the drip mechanism and brew a full carafe whereas the second position partially closes the drip mechanism to make a half carafe. The last position closes it fully which allows you to pour coffee in middle of the brewing process. Read this article and you’ll understand why keurig is one of the best espresso maker in market.
- Load the coffee grounds and the filter basket. Place the water outlet arm over the top of it and screw the lid on the carafe.
- Finally, slide the pot back in its place and press ON the switch to let the brewing process start.
For the machine to start and brew your perfect cup of coffee, a lot of things need to be in the perfect place. Only then the brewing process will finally start. A number of safety features like not allowing the process to start unless everything is place or not allowing you to press the white button at the button of the base before sliding the pot inside are present to save you from unnecessarily damaging the brewer.
The whole brewing process takes a tad under 6 minutes and is up top along the best single serve coffee makers in the market. The machine is able to constantly keep the temperature of the water around the 200-degree mark due to the presence of a high quality copper heating element. The funnel-mouthed design of the brewer prevents any coffee spillage while pouring and the thermal carafe also keeps your coffee hot even after 6 hours of brewing.
The Final Say
While the coffee industry is full of high end coffee makers, the overall build quality, performance and plethora of features make the Moccamaster one of the best single serve coffee makers ever designed.